Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Polymer Clay!

I can't wait for my miniature workshop with Pei Li this month! I will update here again after the session and see what I've done :)
In the meantime, I did a little bit of research about baking polymer clay. I'm a little paranoid when it comes to food-poisoning, so I'm really worried about baking clay in my kitchen oven which is meant for food.
Although polymer clay is safe for humans, it does give out some fumes when it's baking, and the smell would most likely stay in the oven and this will in turn then affect your food!
I don't think that's very wise, even if you don't bake clay often. So if I want to venture into this type of craft, I'll best get a little toaster oven meant just for crafts. Think Cash Converters for budget constraints, but check out Art Friend first!
If you're interested too, check out this website that I was reading today :)

If you do crafts too, please share with me!
love, n

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Nadine,

    I hope you enjoyed your first masterpiece :) Now that you have discovered air dry clay, hopefully you no longer need to worry about baking polymer clay :D
    I am thrilled to have met you :)

    Pei Li

    ReplyDelete