Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tutorial: Felt Flower!

Hello friends!I've always enjoyed looking up tutorials put up by craft-bloggers, and so I've decided to give it a try too. Please forgive me if it's not done as well as the seasoned bloggers! Feel free to leave your comments on how I can improve, or if you have tried making this felt flower, share it with me!
All you need is...
  • Felt
  • A circle template (or use any small cup/anything with a round base) Mine measures 5cm diameter.
  • Needle & Thread (in similar colour as felt
  • Scissors
  • Pin brooch (if you are making the flower into a brooch)
  • Curious Pet Kitty (optional, but good to have)
1. Cut 7 circles of felt. I prefer doing this while watching TV - If you are like me, just watch for your fingers ;)
2. Fold a circle into quarters.
3. Sew it like in the picture onto a circle base.
4. Do the same for 4 circles.
5. Sew the 5th and 6th pieces on top.

6. Have the Curious Pet Kitty inspect your work.

7. If you want to make this into a brooch, you can sew the pin onto a small rectangle piece of felt, and then sew them onto the back of the flower. I use the rectangle piece of felt to cover up the stitches so the brooch looks good :)

If you prefer to have these ready-made, feel free to order them from me! Simply drop me an email (madewithlove.n@gmail.com) or visit my Facebook page for more pictures.

Have fun!
love, n

No comments:

Post a Comment