Thursday, January 2, 2014

Salvaging Scraps

Fabric scraps - leftover pieces of random fabrics after completing projects. Odd sizes and shapes which can get quite annoying after a while...

So I decided to whip up something quick for the coffee table whenever Mum serves some fruits and what not.

I grabbed the first few larger pieces of fabrics from my scrap stash and started putting them together, added 2 generous layers of lining to make this large-sized coaster decent... All the while finishing my Season 2 last episode of Sherlock, which by the way, ended with a cliffhanger. I'm getting used to these sort of endings, having just watched The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. The old me would have been jumping up and down, cursing and pulling out hair at such endings. But being a little more grown-up (*smirks), I remind myself that it just means that there are still good things to come!

I digress. Here's a couple of shots of the coaster.
By the way, happy 2014 :)

Love, n

No comments:

Post a Comment